Saturday, April 20, 2013

GESSO FUN!

 
This is my first attempt at using gesso as a base on chipboard.  I really enjoyed playing with the gesso that added wonderful texture to the page.  Last night, I applied various colors of inks that were daubed or sprayed and then misted with water.  Turned the page in different directions to get the color mixes that appealed to me.  I kept misting and daubing and spritzing with water until the effect I wanted showed through.  Then the piece was left to dry overnight!  Ta Da! I'm happy with the result and will definitely use gesso again.
 
Now to get the courage to use this method on a scrapbook page.

2 comments:

  1. Constance this is beautiful! Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started using gesso too. It is fun. May I suggest you just jump in with a scrapbook page. My first page is posted at Let's scrap.

    ReplyDelete